This recipe can also be made with these exciting barbecue sauce flavors:
- 1/3 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño peppers or 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- Hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas, about 7-inches in diameter
In small bowl combine tomatoes, barbecue sauce, 3 tablespoons of the onions, lime juice, vinegar and peppers. Season to taste with hot pepper sauce. Combine cheese with remaining onions. For each quesadilla, sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the cheese-onion mixture over a tortilla. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce mixture over cheese; top with another tortilla, pressing gently. Fry in skillet in a little hot oil until golden and cheese has melted, turning once. Cut into 6 or 8 wedges. Serve warm, with remaining sauce mixture for dipping.
Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings.