BBQ Mushroom Sauce for Steaks
This recipe can also be made with these exciting barbecue sauce flavors:
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms, about 8 oz. whole
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces low-carbohydrate light beer
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter over high heat for about 10 minutes or until soft and browned. Pour beer into skillet; simmer until liquid is completely evaporated, about 10 minutes. Stir barbecue sauce and mustard together. Stir into mushroom mixture to heat through. Serve over beef steak that has been seasoned with KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Seasoning prior to cooking.
Makes 1-1/4 cups, or about 4 servings.