Barbecue Basted Brats
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 bratwurst sausages, fully cooked
- 2 cups yellow onion, sliced
- 2 1/4 tablespoons vinegar or water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 6 hot dog rolls, warmed
Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and brown on all sides about 7 minutes. Remove sausages from pan and set aside.
Add onions to pan and cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes or until onions are very soft and begin to brown at edges. Stir in KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce, vinegar and caraway seeds, if desired. Add sausages and heat mixture until bubbling. To serve, place a brat in each roll and spoon onion mixture over sausage.
Makes 6 servings.