Classic Chicken Sliders
- 1 21 oz. bottle KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 package dinner rolls
- 1½ teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 16 ounces dill pickle chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
Halve each chicken breast lengthwise to make cutlets. Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Liberally apply to both sides of cutlets.
Place pickles in a bowl, keeping the jar and discarding the juice. Add sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic. Stir and let stand until the sugar dissolves. Place the mixture back into the jar and refrigerate until needed.
Build a charcoal fire with Kingsford® charcoal for direct grilling. Grill chicken directly over the hot coals for 2-3 minutes per side (or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the center of the chicken is no longer pink).
In a small saucepan, heat the KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce until warm, about 5-10 minutes. Remove cutlets from the grill and dip them in the sauce. Assemble sliders by slicing dinner rolls, placing chicken on roll and topping with pickles. Spear with a toothpick and serve.
* This recipe can use pork tenderloin as a substitute for chicken breast. Cook pork to an internal temperature of 145°F.