- When possible, cut large pieces of meat into smaller portions before marinating. Thinner cuts of meat marinate more quickly.
How Long to Marinate
- KC Masterpiece® Marinades will penetrate your meat in as little as 30 minutes, but feel free to marinate longer for more flavor. Two to four hours works well to increase penetration and flavor.
- Marinating less tender cuts of meat, especially beef, overnight will help increase tenderness.
- Avoid over marinating chicken, as this can cause the meat to become stringy and tough.
How Much Marinade to Use
- Generally, you'll need 1 to 2 cups of marinade for every 1-1/2 to 2 pounds of food. Use enough marinade to completely coat the food.
- For easy marinating, put the meat and KC Masterpiece® Marinade in a Glad® Zipper Storage Bag. Be sure to squeeze out all the air before sealing. This method saves refrigerator space, reduces the amount of marinade needed, and cuts down cleanup time.
- If you prefer to marinate your meat using a bowl or pan, try Glad® Press 'n Seal® wrap, the first sealable plastic wrap. Press it around the edge or lip of a container, and it forms a spill-proof seal. It seals tightly around plastic, glass, wood and paper.
- Baste meats during the last 5-10 minutes of grilling to maximize flavor (to avoid cross-contamination use fresh marinade, not the marinade that was initially used for marinating).
- Marinated meat can be grilled, broiled, stir-fried, sautéed or even baked.