Using the right gear the right way is the first step to becoming a true pitmaster.
Whether grilling, baking or broiling, having the right tools will help you get the most out of your KC Masterpiece sauces and marinades.
- Get a good pair of long-handled tongs for grilling. Piercing meat with a fork will cause the juices to run out during cooking.
- If you like to broil your meat and want to help simplify cleanup, pour a small amount of water in the bottom of the broiler pan. The water will catch and dilute the drippings, preventing burn-ons.
- When using bamboo skewers to make kabobs, soak the skewers in hot water for at least 30 minutes. This will keep the skewers from burning.
- When using foil to cook, the dull (non-shiny) side should be in contact with the food.
- If you hate the mess of mixing meatloaf or other foods, use a heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag like Glad® Zipper Storage Bags for “massaging” the ingredients together.
- A great tool for grill mopping is a silicone-bristled brush with a long, angled handle. You can also use a squirt bottle or baster.