Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds meaty beef short ribs
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2-inch cube fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup baby spinach, or arugula leaves
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles or linguine, uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Place short ribs, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes in a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour KC Masterpiece® Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce and broth over ribs. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or until meat is tender but not falling apart.
Strain cooking liquid into a large pot and remove meat to a cutting board. Discard bones and fat, and slice meat into large chunks. Skim any fat from broth and add meat, celery, carrot and spinach. Simmer soup about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Cook noodles according to package directions. To serve, place noodles in warm soup bowls, ladle hot soup over noodles and sprinkle with cilantro.
Note: Prepare this recipe on the stove by simmering short ribs in a large pot for 2-1/2 hours.
Makes 6 servings.