Food Safety Tips
Always Use Good Sanitation and Safety Practices
- After handling raw meat, wash hands, utensils, cutting boards and other food preparation surfaces with hot, soapy water.
- Don't place cooked meat onto a platter that previously held raw meat.
- Use only clean utensils to handle and cut cooked meats.
- If using a basting brush to apply barbecue sauce or marinade, be careful to avoid brushing sauce onto raw meat and then placing the brush back into the bottle. When in doubt, use a small container of sauce for application to raw meat, saving the remainder of the bottle for use once the meat is cooked.
- Never leave your grill unattended.