Kansas City Style Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 8-10 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (olive oil)
- salt and pepper (Salt and pepper, to taste)
- 1½ cups KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey & Molasses Barbecue Sauce (KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey & Molasses Barbecue Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse chicken under cold water then pat dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Combine olive oil and 1 cup of KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce in a medium bowl. Toss chicken to coat with sauce, and then place skin-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in the oven for approximately 25–30 minutes then flip over, being careful not to break the skin. Baste with additional barbecue sauce and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve warm with any remaining barbecue sauce.
BBQ Chicken Baked Potato Boats Recipe
- 4 potatoes (large potatoes, baked)
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce (KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce)
- 2 cups grilled chicken breasts (grilled chicken breasts, cubed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (shredded cheddar cheese)
- ¼ cup sour cream (sour cream)
- chopped chives or green onions for garnish (Chopped chives or green onions for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scoop out flesh of potatoes (enough to make a “boat” in the center).
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken cubes with KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce and cheese. Scoop mixture onto centers of potatoes and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Finish potatoes by topping with a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkling more cheddar cheese if desired. Garnish with chives or green onions. Serve warm and enjoy the boat ride!
Aloha BBQ Chicken & Bacon Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey & Molasses Barbecue Sauce (KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey & Molasses Barbecue Sauce, divided)
- 1 lb. pizza dough (pizza dough, store bought)
- 2 cups low-moisture mozzarella cheese (shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese)
- 1 cup chicken breast (cooked chicken breast, cubed)
- 4 slices bacon (bacon, chopped and cooked)
- ½ cup pineapple chunks (pineapple chunks, diced small)
- ½ red onion (medium red onion, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Lightly flour a sheet of parchment paper and roll out dough into a 15-inch circle. If you like, brush with olive oil. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss cubed chicken into ¼ cup of KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce. Place dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread remaining sauce onto dough, then top with half of the mozzarella cheese, chicken, pineapple, onion slices and cooked bacon pieces. Finish with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until cheese has melted. Remove and—because you can’t spell pizzazz without “pizza”—garnish with cilantro.
Mahogany Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lbs.) (whole chicken (approx. 3 lbs.) )
- 3/4 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce (KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce®)
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced (cloves of garlic, thinly sliced )
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar (distilled white vinegar )
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (vegetable oil )
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Loosen skin from chicken. Starting at neck end, slip fingers between skin and flesh and work them toward tail end to loosen skin over one side of breast. With entire hand underneath skin, free skin from leg, leaving attached at tip of drumstick. Repeat for second side.
- Using your hands, coat the chicken between skin and flesh with 1/2 cup of the KC Masterpiece® sauce and the sliced garlic, distributing evenly. Tie legs together and place breast side up on a roasting rack.
- Bake the chicken for 1-2 hours. While the chicken is cooking, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of the KC Masterpiece® sauce with the vinegar and oil. Use the sauce to baste the chicken during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Cover the chicken with foil as needed to prevent browning, and make sure meat has reached an internal temperature of at least 165ºF before you remove it from the oven.
- Serve immediately.
Classic Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 16 oz. dill pickle chips (dill pickle chips )
- 1 cup sugar (sugar)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (red pepper flakes)
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce (hot sauce )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (garlic cloves, minced )
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into smaller portions (whatever fits best on the bun) (chicken breasts, cut into smaller portions (whatever fits best on the bun))
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce®" (KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce®)
- 1 package of sliced dinner rolls (package of sliced dinner rolls)
- toothpicks (toothpicks )
- 1 ½ tsp. onion salt (onion salt )
- 2 tsp. sugar (sugar )
- 1 ½ garlic powder (garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. black pepper (black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (chili powder )
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (cumin)
- 1/2 tsp. coriander (coriander)
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- For the pickles: Drain and place the pickles in a large mixing bowl (keep the jar). In the jar, add the sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic. Stir and let stand until the sugar dissolves. Put the pickles back into the jar and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper, chili pepper, cumin and coriander. Use the mixture to season the chicken on all sides.
- Warm up the KC Masterpiece® sauce in a medium-size saucepan over low heat.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Make sure the center is no longer pink and an internal temperature of at least 165ºF has been reached.
- When the chicken is ready, remove from the grill and place into the large frying pan with the warmed sauce. Stir until chicken is evenly coated.
- Scoop the chicken onto the dinner rolls and top with pickles. Spear with a toothpick and serve.
Mushroom Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the KC Masterpiece® marinade, set aside.
- Arrange the chicken in a medium size bowl or resealable plastic container and pour in the remaining marinade. Turn meat until evenly coated, cover, and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours for more flavor. When the chicken is done, discard any leftover marinade.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heat the butter in a medium size skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the butter until most of the liquid is evaporated. While the mushrooms are cooking, arrange the chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish. When the mushrooms are done, stir in the reserved Honey Teriyaki marinade and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes until cooked through. Make sure the meat reaches an internal temperature of at least 165ºF.
- Serve immediately over top the hot cooked rice.
Caribbean Island Chicken Recipe
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece® Caribbean Jerk Marinade® (KC Masterpiece® Caribbean Jerk Marinade®)
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, diluted with 1/3 cup water (frozen pineapple juice concentrate, diluted with 1/3 cup water)
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts (boneless chicken breasts)
- 1½ cups rice (rice)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can corn, drained (corn, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (red bell pepper, diced)
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumber (peeled and diced cucumber)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the Caribbean Jerk marinade with the pineapple juice. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Arrange the chicken in a shallow dish or resealable plastic container. Pour the remaining Caribbean Jerk marinade over top and turn meat until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours for more flavor. When chicken is ready, discard any unused marinade.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Cook the chicken under the broiler until meat is cook through and browned on both sides, about 20 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 160ºF. When the chicken is done, slice diagonally into 1-inch strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, black beans, bell pepper and cucumber.
- In a medium size saucepan, simmer the reserved marinade and pineapple juice mixture over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, cook until the sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Plate the chicken on top of the rice and bean mixture. Drizzle warm sauce over top and serve immediately.
Chipotle BBQ Chicken Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups flour (flour)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s Pizza Yeast. (envelope Fleischmann’s Pizza Yeast. )
- 1 ½ tsp. salt (salt)
- 2/3 cup warm water (warm water )
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (olive oil )
- 1/2 Tbsp. pizza sauce (pizza sauce )
- 2 Tbsp. KC Masterpiece® Sweet Roasted Chipotle Barbecue Sauce® (KC Masterpiece® Sweet Roasted Chipotle Barbecue Sauce®)
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken (cooked, cubed chicken)
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (diced pineapple )
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper (diced red pepper )
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (diced red onion )
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (mozzarella cheese )
- For the dough: In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, undissolved yeast, honey and salt. Add water and oil. Mix in 1/2 cup of the flour gradually until dough starts to form. Spoon the dough out onto a well-floured surface (dough will be slightly sticky), and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Divide the dough in half, reserving one half for another time. Roll the other half into the size of your skillet.
- Preheat your oven to broil and place the skillet in the oven to heat up for about 10 minutes.
- While the skillet is heating up, add your toppings on your dough. Make sure the pizza is on a well-floured surface so you can transfer it to the pan.
- Carefully slide the pizza into the skillet. Cook the pizza on the stovetop until the bottom of the crust is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn the burner off then place the skillet back into the oven and broil until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and an extra drizzle of barbecue sauce. Serve immediately.
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cups quinoa (quinoa )
- 2 cups cheese (cheese )
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (shredded, cooked chicken )
- 1 can black beans, drained (black beans, drained )
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen (corn, canned or frozen)
- 1 ¼ cups KC Masterpiece® Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue Sauce® (KC Masterpiece® Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue Sauce®)
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro, finely chopped onions, diced avocado, sour cream (Optional: chopped fresh cilantro, finely chopped onions, diced avocado, sour cream)
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. Prepare the chicken if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, 1½ cups of the cheese, chicken, black beans, corn, KC Masterpiece® sauce. Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warmed through, about 15-20 minutes. Remove and drizzle the top with some extra barbecue sauce and top with desired garnishes (chopped fresh cilantro, finely chopped onions, diced avocado, sour cream).
- Serve immediately.
Chipotle Ranch BBQ Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (olive oil )
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (boneless chicken breasts)
- seasoned salt and pepper, to taste (seasoned salt and pepper, to taste)
- 1 lb. coleslaw (coleslaw )
- 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece® Sweet Roasted Chipotle Barbecue Sauce® (KC Masterpiece® Sweet Roasted Chipotle Barbecue Sauce®)
- 1/4 cup chipotle ranch dressing (chipotle ranch dressing)
- 4-6 tortillas (tortillas )
- Optional: cheese, red onion, avocado or cilantro (Optional: cheese, red onion, avocado or cilantro)
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove any fat from the chicken and rub seasoned salt and pepper onto both sides of the breasts. Make sure the breasts are about the same size and thickness. (If not, cut or pound them to be about even.)
- Place the chicken in the pan and allow it to brown for about 3-5 minutes and then flip the chicken to the other side. Cover and reduce the temperature to just below medium heat and cook until the chicken is done. Make sure the meat reaches an internal temperature of at least 165ºF. When the chicken is done, remove from the pan and allow the meat to cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, toss the coleslaw with the KC Masterpiece® sauce and ranch dressing in a medium mixing bowl. Scoop the dressed slaw onto each tortilla, chop the chicken into bite size pieces, then layer the chicken and whatever other toppings you prefer (cheese, red onion, avocado or cilantro) on top of the slaw.
- Roll up and serve immediately.