Chuckwagon Steak Salad
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Classic Blend Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 flank steak, about 1 lb.
- 4 cups chopped cauliflowerettes (or broken into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup seeded & diced plum tomatoes
- 4 cups torn baby romaine lettuce or salad greens
In small mixing bowl, whisk together KC Masterpiece® Classic Blend Barbecue Sauce, vinegar, water and mustard. Marinate flank steak in 1/4 cup of dressing mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, prepare salad by combining cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes with another 1/4 cup of dressing. Broil steak approximately 4 inches from heat, about 10 minutes per side. Slice steak across the grain into 1/4 inch thick strips. Toss sliced steak in remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Place 1 cup lettuce on dinner plate, top with about 1-1/2 cups of cauliflower mixture and 1/4 of the steak strips.
Makes 4 servings.